Sunday, August 15, 2010
Accessorizing Your Home Tip #7
Home Accessorizing Tip #7
Place The Largest Accessories First
By placing the largest accessories first it will be easier for you to effectively balance the colour and weight in the room. Once you have your key accessories in place take a good hard look at the room and ask yourself these questions:
* Is the colour in the room balanced?
* Is your focal point firmly established?
* Is the weight in the room evenly distributed?
* If it is a theme room has the theme been well established?
* Is the room interesting and appealing?
* Does the room look crowded or sparse?
Depending on your answers to these questions you will know whether you need to go back and add an additional substantial piece of furniture or another larger accessory. If the room is looking fairly good you will probably be ready to add the finishing touches to complete compositions, fully balance your colour scheme, support your theme, and balance both the over all room and its individual compostions.
Another key advantage of placing your largest accessories first is that you will reduce the risk of over accessorizing the room and creating a cluttered effect.