Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Accessorizing Your Home Tip #17
Home Accessorizing Tip # 17
(20 Tips For Accessorizing Your Home series)
Do Not Over Accessorize
Almost nothing will kill the appealing qualities of a room faster than clutter. Carefully scrutinize each and every accessory before you include it in your decorating scheme.
Ask yourself these questions before including it in your decorating scheme:
* Is the accessory beautiful in and of its self?
* Will the accessory serve a purpose?
* Will the accessory be in scale with the room the furniture and the other accessories in the room?
* Will the accessory strengthen the focal point in the room?
* Will the items colour serve to balance out the colour scheme in the room?
If your answer is no to any of these questions consider leaving the piece out of the decorating scheme.
One of the biggest mistakes I see many home owners make when accessorizing their home is to include to much stuff. They feel compelled to find a place for everything that they currently own as well as all the new pieces they wish to add. Consider moving the unneeded accessories to another room or donate them, give them away or sell them. You will enjoy what you have so much more in a clutter free environment. Live by the motto when something new comes into your home something old must go out. In that way you will better be able to keep clutter in check and enjoy your decor to the max.